Friday 3 February 2012

A stage of our own 3: Chorus Angelicus


Maeda left home early and decided to walk to the subway station that was about 10 minutes from her residence. She decided to wear a marine blue skirt, a blue strapless shirt and a black jacket covering the shirt. On her way to the station she saw a small store that was selling pendants, when she saw the display, she went in and bought 2 identical ones-one for Yukirin and one for herself-then she proceeded to the station. When Maeda bought the pendants, she didn’t notice that Takahashi was nearby making errands and saw Maeda at the store. Takahashi was bit surprised that Maeda bought two identical, because when she usually gave presents to her close acquaintances she gave them different thing than those in her possession. Mean while Kashiwagi also left early, she was wearing a long yellow skirt a white long sleeve shirt and a soft blue vest on top of the shirt, she headed directly to the subway station after she heard the traffic report and to avoid commuter hours. She was carrying 2 obento she made all by herself. All the stress both ladies had during the night and early in the morning were turned into excitement during the hours previous to their “date”.
The first one to arrive was Maeda; she decided to wait for Kashiwagi in the bus stop in front of the Café. With just seconds to spare Kashiwagi arrived at the station where Maeda was waiting. They greeted each other with a huge smile then Kashiwagi said:
Kashiwagi: Sorry to make you wait, Acchan!
Maeda: No problem, actually I’ve just arrived, so I haven’t waited for a long time.
Kashiwagi: What a relief.
Maeda’s eyes were drawn to the bag Kashiwagi was carrying and asked “Yukirin what are carrying in that bag” Kashiwagi immediately replied “Oh, it’s a surprise that I hope you’ll like, should we go inside?” she asked. Maeda looked around, and saw an open table under the Café’s sun-setter, she then looked at Kashiwagi and said “Sure, let’s go!” she then grabbed Kashiwagi’s hand and crossed the street to the table. Soon after they took seat the waitress arrived and asked them what they wanted, both ordered a soft drink and then Maeda again asked Kashiwagi “Yukirin, please tell me what you have in that bag, please?!” this of course with Maeda’s stoic expression, to which Kashiwagi reacted with giggles and a refreshing smile and then said “Well I thought since we’re meeting near lunch time, I could try and cook something for us to eat”, she then picked the bag from the floor, placed it on the table and unpacked the bento boxes. She then timidly raised her sight to see Maeda’s reaction. When their eyes met, all their anxiety place was blown away in that long intense stare that broke into laughter. Maeda then asked “May I try it, Yukirin?” to which Kashiwagi in nervous tone replied “Please do, I hope Acchan likes it!” Maeda picked the chop-sticks and a bento, grabbed a bit in front of the nervous Kashiwagi’s eyes, she then giggled a bit, placed the chop-sticks on the table and drank a zip of her apple juice, making Kashiwagi even more nervous and less confident on her once proud cooking skills. The unsettling silence was too much for her to bear when all of a sudden Maeda’s tongue went loose:
Maeda: Yukirin, it’s………………………………………..
Kashiwagi: It’s what??? Say it already Acchan, you’re killing me!!!!
Maeda: It’s so delicious, Yukirin, may I have seconds?
Kashiwagi’s heart stopped for a second and then she burst into laughter after Maeda’s long and tense complement, she then knotted to Maeda’s request for seconds. Deep in Kashiwagi’s mind was still the need to know why Maeda asked her out. Maeda went to the ladies room to wash her hands and face, as she still couldn’t believe that she was in a date with Kashiwagi, when she was drying her hands, she remembered the pendants she bought on her way to the Café. She then returned to the table were Kashiwagi was waiting, as she sat in front, Maeda, quickly reached her jacket pocket and drew the pendant with one hand and held Kashiwagi’s hand with the other, she then placed her hand with the pendant on Kashiwagi’s and said:
Maeda: Please accept this gift as a sign of my appreciation towards you, Yukirin!
Kashiwagi: Sure, but what are you giving me?
Maeda then removed her hand covering the pendant, just to see Kashiwagi, dazzled by the gift she had just received, and bow in gratitude. Kashiwagi couldn’t keep herself quiet anymore, so she introduced the elephant hidden in the room to Maeda:
Kashiwagi: Acchan, why did you want to talk about with me?
Maeda: I……………………I’ll tell you later
Then Maeda took Kashiwagi by the hand and took her for a ride on the water bus to one of Tokyo’s most prestigious parks. Even though the gals were enjoying themselves together, the tension began to rise as sun set approached. It was almost sun set when they returned to Odaiba, and the difficult conversation began:
Kashiwagi: Are going to tell me what is so important, that you’ve been avoiding all this time, Acchan?
Maeda: Yes, about that, Yukirin there is something I want to tell you……
Maeda then crossed the street and stood in front of the bay, closely followed by Kashiwagi. Their heart beat, increased every second. The ladies were so delighted by the twilight they forgot about why they were there for a second. Encouraged by the scenery Maeda, took control of her fear of rejection from Kashiwagi, turned around and faced her, it was now or never, Maeda finally broke her silence:
Maeda: Yukirin……………..I……………
Kashiwagi: Yes, I’m listening Acchan, what is it??
Maeda: Is……is there someone you like? I mean someone you like more than a friend?
Kashiwagi: Some I like and more than a friend? You mean a guy? Noooooo, of course not!!!
Maeda: No, I don’t mean a guy, but is there someone in the group you like more than a friend??
Kashiwagi: Why are you asking me this, what’s wrong Acchan?
Maeda: ……………………………………………………………
Maeda was lost for words, she wanted to express her desire to be with Kashiwagi, but didn’t know how.
Kashiwagi: Well to be honest, there was someone, I was really close to……….
Maeda: Do you mean Mayuyu??
Kashiwagi: Mayuyu?. Hahahaha, no she’s just like my obnoxious little sister!!!
Maeda: Was that person part of AKB??
Kashiwagi: Yes, but I’m already over her departure, though when I was with her, it was as if our brains and bodies were linked together.
Maeda: Well, actually there is someone I like, more than a friend, there is this person I want to be with…………………………………….
When Kashiwagi heard, this she started to wonder who it could be. She thought the more she knew the better she could help her embattled friend. Kashiwagi found herself in a pinch, since she wanted to help her friend but she didn’t wanted to lose another special person to her as it happened before.
Kashiwagi: Is that person a guy? Acchan, if I can help, please let me, you’re worrying me….
Maeda: No…………….it’s not a guy, that’s what worries me, Yukirin, I think I’ve…………..
Kashiwagi: You’ve what??
Maeda: I………….think…………I have feelings for a girl
Kashiwagi was silent for a second after hearing, Maeda liked a girl, but she couldn’t stop wondering who this mystery lady might be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment