Friday 10 February 2012

A stage of our own: Closure, 1rst movement


The atmosphere in the locker room, that day was different, than normal. With a hurt and depressed Watanabe, a usual Kashiwagi and a joyous Maeda, it felt a like an emotion’s parade. Kashiwagi then whispered in Maeda’s ear, to which she replied with a smile and a nod. Everyone except Takahashi was unaware of why this morning had started in such a violent manner. When Takahashi saw Maeda’s reaction to Kashiwagi’s whisper, she felt a huge relief that at least things looked promising for her dear friend.

All the gals finished changing, and headed, the tension was still high after what happened in the locker room. But this didn’t show during practice, when the break arrived the gals assembled for their lunch as usual except that Kashiwagi and Takahashi had gone into a separate area at Maeda’s request, when Watanabe heard that, her curiosity rose and decide to follow them, but before she could do so, she was distracted by Yonechan, those seconds were enough to lose sight of them. Kashiwagi, Maeda and Takahashi sat down in a separate spot form the rest on the other side of the stage, hidden from the rest of the group by the prolonged catwalk that divided the stadium by half. Seeing that neither Kashiwagi nor Maeda would start the conversation, Takahashi decided to open it.
Takahashi: So, Acchan, why did you call me here?
Maeda: ….
Kashiwagi: Is there something wrong, Acchan? If you need to talk to Takamani, I’ll excuse myself, we can talk later.
Maeda: ….Actually I need to speak with both….
Takahashi: I think I’m an extra in this conversation, I’ll excuse myself…
Maeda: Minami-chan….Please stay….Yukiriso, the truth is that I tolled Minami-chan, about what I told you, yesterday…
Kashiwagi: eh…..!?

Kashiwagi was bit surprised but at the same time she felt a bit of relive knowing that Takahashi was aware. It was a well known fact that Maeda and Takahashi were really so close, so it felt kind of natural to Kashiwagi that Maeda commented this with Takahashi.
Maeda: Sorry, Yukiriso….but I know Minami-chan can be trusted to keep this a secret…
Kashiwagi: No, worries, actually I’m relieved that you told Takamina-san, she has the right to know!
Maeda: Yukiriso….
Takahashi; So, I’m going to bear witness to Yukirin’s answer? Or I’m here to stop a fight?
Maeda: ….well…
Kashiwagi: I’m going to give you my answer, Acchan….Takamina-san, I know this might sound hard to you, but I want to know your opinion as Acchan’s best friend after I’ve told her my answer to her feelings…
Takahashi: Wow, Yukirin you amaze me, in less than one day you got your mind and heart cleared!
Kashiwagi: I counted on really good advice from that person….
Takahashi: From whom?
Maeda: I’ve been wondering who was this other person you told me about Yukiriso, is she the same person?
Kashiwagi: …Yes…
Takahashi: ok, let’s cut with the mystery, then who’s your reliable advisor Yukirin?
Kashiwagi: Mikachii!
Maeda and Takashi where surprised to found that the special person for Kashiwagi was Saeki Mika, but it made sense for them. As told before the two gals were really close. Maeda’s anxiety was starting to grow, when Kashiwagi finally said her answer to Maeda’s feelings.
Kashiwagi: Acchan…it’s not an easy answer, because I know this can only bring complications, but my heart and mind are at peace…
Takahashi: ….
Maeda: ….
Kashiwagi: …my feelings for you are clear. I couldn’t stop thinking about your sincere words, and wanted to answer with the same sentiment. The truth is that I, Yukirin…
The tension started to rise, as the break winded down. Every second that passed was an eternity of its own for Maeda and Kashiwagi. She had the words in the tip of her tongue but they proven to be a bit difficult for Kashiwagi to say. To ease the difficultness from Kashiwagi, Maeda turned to see Takahashi and then returned her sight to Kashiwagi:
Maeda: It’s alright if you need more time, Yukiriso! I can wait; I’m in no hurry for your answer…
Kashiwagi: I know what I want to say, and what I feel for you Acchan…though it’s a bit hard for me to say, but I have to answer to you…
Takahashi: Acchan, it seems Yukirin made up her, just like when you confessed to her. Now you must listen to her words.
Maeda: …You’re right Minami-chan! Sorry Yukiriso….
Kashiwagi: …well, what I want to say is that…
She felt as if those words, didn’t want to come out, she thought she had confidence enough in herself to say them, but they didn’t come out. Never so few words were this hard to say for her. She knew this three words, would change her life. Afraid of losing that she grew to love but at the same time wanting express her true feelings, caused her clear mind to become fuzzy and unclear. Before she could even finish those words, a voice on the background yelled “Ok, everyone! Break is over!” At that moment Takahashi took both Kashiwagi and Maeda by their hands, and said “we can do this later” to which both gals knotted in an affirmative fashion. Kashiwagi felt bad that she couldn’t reply to Maeda the way she wanted. The three of them parted ways for the rehearsals.

When Kashiwagi rejoined with her team, she was anxiously received all its members. One of her duties as captain was to lead the team in their battle cry-cheer-but she couldn’t fully focus on her duties, and was absent minded during most of that practice. On the other side of the struggle Maeda, counting on Takahashi’s support decided that it was for the best to concentrate only on the practice for the remainder of the day. When the practice ended the actions took place again at the locker-dressing– room, where Watanabe decided that it was finally the time to confront Kashiwagi out her abnormal behavior. As she walked on the aisle fully immersed in her thought, Watanabe grabbed her should in order to draw her attention. The move worked and Kashiwagi turned her eyes to Watanabe, when their eyes met a slight smile broke among them. Suddenly Watanabe’s expression turned into a serious and the scolding and ranting began for the already anxious and downed Kashiwagi.
Watanabe: What’s the matter with you Yukirin? You’re not your regular self; you know you can tell me anything!?
Kashiwagi: ….nothing….I’m alright…
Watanabe insisted in her examination of Kashiwagi’s elusive answer. Sashihara and Maeda were passing by when they say the scene Watanabe was creating. Like if Kashiwagi had a Maeda-sensor integrated in her eyes, she immediately changed her focus from Watanabe to Maeda and Sashihara. Watanabe noticed this and quickly charged at Kashiwagi for ignoring her.
Watanabe: Stop ignoring Yukirin!? You really are acting different today!
Kashiwagi: No, I’m not; it’s just that you are…
Watanabe; I am what? Annoying…that’s what you want to say, right!?
Kashiwagi: No, of course not…it’s just that….I’m not feeling well today.
Watanabe: ……sorry if I’ve been too noisy and childish today…is there anything I can do to help?
Kashiwagi: Thanks…but no, this is something I have to take care by myself…
Less worried, Watanabe smiled again and headed to the locker room with a cheering disposition, think that the only thing she could do now was to cheer on her friend in this crossroad.

The finale is at the workshop....hope you stick with me! Next Closure 2nd Movement!

2 comments:

  1. You know I really shouldn't comment on any of your work anymore because they might look like I'm bullying you even though that is not my intention.

    I'm kind of half asleep now so I don't know how objective I can be. I'll be hones. I lost the line in this one. As I was reading through it I had a question inside me head echoing all the time. "What is going on here?" I felt so out of the picture I couldn't even imagine the girls in the situation. No even my dear TakaMina. I am terrible sorry to say these words. I think you are pushing yourself too hard with this fiction. The plot of this episode was a bit better then the previous one's, but still...

    I'm so sorry but I'm starting to not enjoy this...

    I know BG will like this as BG likes everything related to yuri. Also she started to sound like if she was my wife or something... Not that I don't like it or anything, just sounds strange. Oh well...

    But as I and BG also told you before. You don't have to change anything at all...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rather appreciate a critical observations! Again this is my first attempt, so it's probably not going to be as good as I wan't it ether. Also, this aren't stand alone peaces, I've been writing them as a hole chapter, maybe that makes it a bit hard to read, since I broken it in sections. Perhaps a clearer panorama will reach you in the 2 parts that are left on the closure and the finale! Though I must say that you've been really giving me only negative reviews, which is only half the critique. Still your comments are always welcome!

      Delete